Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God Works in Seasons

God seems to work in seasons, or themes, in my life. I may or may not recognize the theme at the time, but at least in retrospect I seem to see it. For example, there was the season where God showed me so much "yuck" in my heart that I couldn't stand it. He let me see how badly I truly do need Him...how I am desperate for him! I could name several seasons I've been through recently, the most recent of which seems to be faithfulness. God is faithful. This ties in with that theme of my not deserving Him. It's just a new twist. I apparently am so stubborn that He has to return to themes with me numerous times. I just am so full of pride, I apparently don't "get it" the first go-around. So, faithful as He is, the Lord says, "Daughter, let's try it another way."

Again, this season is: God is faithful. I am not. That's it in a nutshell.
I don't deserve a single thing, but he keeps blessing me.
I don't do what I'm supposed to, but He keeps on pouring out in my life.
I turn away, He follows me.
I repent. He forgives.
I turn away again, and He chases me down.
I feel hopeless. He assures me that He is the source of hope.
I just want to quit. He won't.
I am unfaithful. He remains faithful.
I renege. God doesn't.
I stop. He keeps going.
I fail. He sticks with me.

What a God! How can I not follow Him? Well, the truth is I can't follow Him well, but I can't stop either. He's like a magnet. He just keeps pulling me back. He keeps wowing me with Himself. He keeps showing me that He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Amen God is faithful. You put His character very sweetly;-) I love you...

    ReplyDelete